Entrepreneur-in-Residence (Full Time)
The Entrepreneur-in-Residence is responsible for coaching start-up founders to build their idea into an innovative venture that has extensive growth potential. S/he will effectively identify significant growth strategies for start-ups, teach and apply lean start-up principles, help develop the case for investment, define MVPs, help companies pivot/iterate to establish product/market fit, and move clients agilely toward commercialization. This leadership position will have the rare opportunity to help companies create at the leading edge of technical development in both products and services, by leveraging start-up ecosystem assets, in a high-profile position with widespread community impact.
S/he will have a talent for motivating diverse groups of individuals through the learning cycle by applying validation processes to drive results. S/he has had unique experience in starting businesses, while also knowing what it is to drive innovation within a developing corporate structure.
- Assist founders to build new ventures, services and offerings
- Be driven by Lean Start-up principles
- Help clients develop their Business Model Canvas
- Create and own a positive vision of achieving success in a venture capital investment market
- Help iterate and scale ideas aggressively to exceed investor expectations
- Guide the creation of product prototypes and pilots through application of lean validation methods
- Know when to act in the best interest of the client in recommending changing direction to achieve product/market fit and maximize market opportunities
- Motivate the start-up team to do what is needed to succeed
- Experience as a real-world entrepreneur; strong consideration for having built businesses with significant scalability potential
- Business chops – strong understanding of the high-tech digital industry and emerging market and sales channels
- Builder focus with the capability to fix problems as they occur
- Corporate experience that spans across start-ups and venture capital environments
- Strong team builder with excellent organizational, superior interpersonal communication skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and iterate in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Prior responsibility for building an innovation culture, inclusive of hiring, and training
- Robust network of contacts to bring in ideas and expedite current projects
- Prior experience in an accelerator environment either as a mentor or a mentee would be an asset
Primary Location: This position is located in Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland & Labrador), but we are open to applicants from outside the region willing to re-locate.
From our start in New Brunswick in 2004, Propel ICT has grown to become one of the top accelerators in Canada for high-potential start-ups. In the 10 years since inception, Propel-ICT launched companies have attracted more than $1 Billion in Venture Capital to the region. Notable success stories include two ?Venture Deal of the Year for Canada? companies. Propel-ICT employs a decentralized model, delivering its top-rated accelerator program in cooperation with select community partners in cities across the region. Our expansion to all four Atlantic Provinces is currently underway as part of a five-year plan started in the fall of 2014, and as a result this EIR position can be resident in any of these locations.
Eligible team members (up to 2 positions available) will receive a strong earnings package, including competitive pay, subsidized insurance coverage, flexible scheduling, training and development, and generous vacation benefits. Travel, primarily within the Atlantic Provinces, will be required for this position.
See more about our East Coast Accelerator Program at: launch36.ca